Sam Keeley, Gage Golightly, Cristina Rodlo, Jeremy Tardy and Nicholas Coombe will star in Paramount Network’s new scripted comedic drama series 68 Whiskey from Imagine Television Studios and CBS Television Studios. Production on the first season (10 one-hour episodes) begins in September with the series scheduled to premiere on Paramount Network in early 2020.
68 Whiskey is a dark comedic hour following a multicultural mix of men and women deployed as Army medics to a forward operating base in Afghanistan nicknamed “The Orphanage.” Together, they endure a dangerous and Kafkaesque world that leads to self-destructive appetites, outrageous behavior, intense camaraderie and occasionally, a profound sense of purpose.
Oscar®-winner Brian Grazer serves as an executive producer along with Oscar®-winner Ron Howard, Imagine Television Group Chairman Francie Calfo (Empire, Genius), Imagine Television President Samie Kim Falvey and Emmy® Award-nominated series creator Roberto Benabib (Weeds, The Brink, Ally McBeal), who is also set to showrun and write. Zion Rubin, the creator of the Israeli television series Charlie Golf One, from which 68 Whiskey has been adapted, also executive produces, along with Efrat Shmaya Dror (United Studios of Israel) and Danna Stern (yes Studios).
The 68 Whiskey cast includes:
- Sam Keeley (In the Heart of the Sea, The Cured) will portray Cooper Roback, a charming Army medic with a hell of an instinct for medicine and a general disdain for Army discipline. Sam Keeley is repped by UTA and 42 in the United Kingdom.
- Gage Golightly (Red Oaks, Step Sisters) will portray Grace Durkin, an administrative assistant in the Army who is both beautiful and street smart; alluring but standoffish. Though she is an important part of the battalion, Durkin has dreams that all take place far from Afghanistan and makes a point not to build any strong personal connections, but she’s considering making an exception for Roback. Gage Golightly is repped by Industry Entertainment and ICM.
- Cristina Rodlo (The Terror, Too Old to Die Young) will portray Sergeant Rosa Alvarez. Alvarez went to college on a G.I. bill, and, after graduation, trained as a medic so she would have a marketable skill back home. When her father gets deported after an ICE raid, her outlook on defending the country changes. Cristina Rodlo is repped by CAA and is managed by Valor Entertainment Group and Talent on the Road.
- Jeremy Tardy (Dear White People, Ballers) will portray Staff Sergeant Mekhi Davis. Clever and mischievous, Davis is always looking for a way to get ahead, but would never leave anyone behind. He’s a skilled medic, but when duty isn’t on the line, he’ll happily join Roback’s half-baked plans that will surely get the both of them in trouble. Jeremy Tardy is managed by Zero Gravity.
- Nicholas Coombe (Dora and the Lost City of Gold, Imaginary Mary) will portray Anthony Petrocelli a young Army Private who is seventeen years old, looks sixteen and acts fifteen. Fresh-faced and gullible, Anthony is a stickler for the rules up until the moment he’s included in a plan. Nicholas Coombe is repped by The Characters Talent Agency and managed by LINK Entertainment.
68 Whiskey will join Paramount Network’s scripted roster currently headlined by Yellowstone, cable’s #1 original series for a second straight summer co-created by Taylor Sheridan and John Linson and starring Kevin Costner and the upcoming projects: Coyote, from Michelle MacLaren and starring Michael Chiklis; Paradise Lost (working title), from Rodes Fishburne, Arika Lisanne Mittman and John Lee Hancock; Sexy Beast, a series adaptation of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning feature film; as well as the new Darren Star series, Emily in Paris starring Lily Collins.
About Imagine Television
Imagine Television Group is comprised of Imagine Television and Imagine Television Studios. Imagine Television was founded in 1986 by Brian Grazer and Ron Howard and is run by Imagine Television Group Chairman, Francie Calfo and Imagine Television President, Samie Kim Falvey. The company’s productions have been honored with 195 Emmy Nominations and 30 Golden Globe nominations. Last year, the company formed Imagine Television Studios, also co-run by Calfo and Falvey, to produce and finance a slate projects which currently includes the series “Why Women Kill” for CBS All Access from Marc Cherry; “Swagger” for Apple from executive producers Kevin Durant and Reggie Rock Bythewood; “Wu-Tang: An American Saga” for Hulu from The RZA and Alex Tse. Imagine Television is also producing “Filthy Rich” with Tate Taylor for Fox. Current programming includes Fox’s award-winning series “Empire,” Netflix’s “Arrested Development,” and NatGeo’s Emmy® award-winning “Genius” anthology series. Earlier productions include Fox’s Golden Globe and Emmy® award-winning Best Drama Series “24”; NBC’s Peabody Award winning series “Friday Night Lights”; Fox’s Emmy® award winning Best Comedy “Arrested Development”; Fox’s “Shots Fired”; Fox’s “Lie To Me”; WB’s “Felicity”; ABC’s “SportsNight”; and HBO’s “From the Earth to the Moon”, which won the Emmy® for Outstanding Mini-Series. Howard and Brian Grazer began their collaboration in 1985 with the hit film comedies “Night Shift” and “Splash”, and continue to run Imagine is Executive Chairmen. www.imagine-entertainment.com
About CBS Television Studios
CBS Television Studios is one of the industry’s leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services and other emerging platforms. The Studio’s expansive portfolio spans a diverse slate of commercially successful and critically acclaimed scripted programming, genre-defining franchises including the ever-growing “Star Trek” universe, award-winning late night and daytime talk shows, and an extensive library of iconic intellectual property. For a list of all CBS Television Studios programming, visit www.CBSPressExpress.com
About Paramount Network
Paramount Network is a premium entertainment destination that pushes the limits of storytelling with bold original scripted and non-scripted series. Inspired by over a century of cinema, Paramount Network is where today’s brightest stars bring the experience of the big screen to every screen with stories that are immersive, inclusive, and deeply personal. A subsidiary of Viacom Inc., Paramount Network has a global reach of 234 million households across 117 countries. For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit Paramount Network’s press site at paramountnetwork.com/press and follow us on Twitter at @ParamountNetPR for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
68 Whiskey is a dark comedy following a multicultural mix of men and women deployed as Army medics to a forward operating base in Afghanistan nicknamed “The Orphanage.” Together, they endure a dangerous and Kafkaesque world that leads to self-destructive appetites, outrageous behavior, intense camaraderie and occasionally, a profound sense of purpose.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. Viacom’s media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Spike, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina) and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.9 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following Viacom’s blog at blog.viacom.com and Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/viacom.