NEW YORK, NY – December 4, 2019 — Paramount Network announced today it will honor the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces with a dedicated “Home for the Holidays” programming event, in partnership with the USO. “Home for the Holidays” will include a series of interstitial interviews with recently discharged Veterans discussing their experiences in active service, what it means to be back home, USO support, and the value of movies for comfort and morale while deployed. Watch the trailer here.
The interstitials will introduce and complement movie marathons, special programming, and other scheduled programming throughout December, including Bellator and the USO Present: Salute the Troops on Friday, December 20 at 10 p.m. ET / 9 p.m. CT (previously announced).
“Home for the Holidays” special events include (subject to change):
Paramount Network Movie Premieres
- Thursday, 12/5 at 8 p.m. ET/PT – Scrooged (1988, starring Bill Murray)
- Wednesday, 12/11 at 8 p.m. ET/PT – Jumanji (1995, starring Robin Williams)
Paramount Network Movie and Program Stunts (8:00 a.m. unless otherwise noted)
- Saturday, 12/7 – Explosive Action marathon featuring First Blood, Rambo: First Blood Part II, Die Hard and Die Hard with a Vengeance
- Sunday, 12/8 — Indiana Jones franchise marathon featuring Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
- Saturday, 12/21 — Classic Comedy movie marathon featuring Beverly Hills Cop, Coming to America and Grown Ups
- Saturday, 12/21 — “Happy Holidays from The Office” – best of The Office holiday episodes, airing in late-night following the above 12/21 Classic Comedy movie marathon
- Sunday, 12/22 — Indiana Jones franchise marathon featuring Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
The week of December 23 through December 29 will also include the “Movie Star Spectacular” stunt, featuring a packed schedule of legendary stars, film franchises, and singular titles. Selections (subject to change) include films from the Bourne franchise, John Wick franchise, Indiana Jones franchise, and Die Hard franchise, and titles such as Ghostbusters, Top Gun, Scrooged, Creed, Air Force One, Meet the Parents, Night at the Museum, Titanic and more. Last year’s Movie Star Spectacular was a major attraction for Paramount Network, drawing 37 million total viewers across the week.
Paramount Network is a premium entertainment destination that pushes the limits of storytelling with bold original scripted and non-scripted series. Inspired by over a century of cinema, Paramount Network is where today’s brightest stars bring the experience of the big screen to every screen with stories that are immersive, inclusive, and deeply personal. A subsidiary of Viacom Inc., Paramount Network has a global reach of 234 million households across 117 countries. For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit Paramount Network’s press site at paramountnetwork.com/press and follow us on Twitter at @ParamountNetPR for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. Viacom’s media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Spike, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina) and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.9 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following Viacom’s blog at blog.viacom.com and Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/viacom.