Spike’s premiere of “Lip Sync Battle” on Thursday, April 2 at 10:00pm ET/PT drew record ratings for the network. The half-hour original series delivered 2.2 million viewers, making it the most-watched non-scripted series debut in network history. “Lip Sync Battle” also delivered the highest rating with Adults 18-49 in network history for a non-scripted series debut (1.3 Adults 18-49).
“The record ratings are indicative of the incredible talent and creativity of the producers and participants who delivered in so many ways,” said Kevin Kay, President, Spike. “We are incredibly encouraged by the balanced audience of the premiere as we continue our mission to target a broad viewership.”
Enclosed are some other key ratings/ social media notes from Lip Sync Battle’s debut:
– This was the highest rated series premiere in Spike history among W18-49 (1.5) and W18-34 (1.4)
– Spike has never had higher W18-49 and W18-34 ratings in this time period
– This was Spike’s highest P18-49 rating and largest average audience in the time period in over 8 years.
– The 18-49 audience was 56% female
– The new episode at 10:30pm ET/PT delivered 2 million viewers and 1.2 with Adults 18-49.
– Total Video Views: Lip Sync Battle content has generated 15 million Video Views across Spike’s Owned & Operated properties as well as Facebook and YouTube.
– Twitter Ranking Ranked #1 series on cable and ranked #2 series across all networks with #LipSyncBattle trending in the US and Worldwide during both East and West coast airings.
Spike TV’s “Lip Sync Battle” is executive produced by Eight Million Plus Productions, John Krasinski, Stephen Merchant, Casey Patterson, Jay Peterson of Matador and Rick Schwartz of Eight Million Plus. Emmy®-award nominee Beth McCarthy-Miller (“Saturday Night Live,” “30-Rock,” “The Sound of Music Live,” “Modern Family”) serves as Director. LL COOL J serves as a Producer on the show.
*Spike’s highest rated debut was Blade: The Series – 2.5 million viewers in 2006.
Lip Sync Battle
Lip Sync Battle is already a huge viral sensation. Now Paramount Network is taking it to the next level with its very own show, hosted by LL Cool J and with colorful commentary by social media maven and supermodel Chrissy Teigen. Each episode will feature two A-list celebrities like you've never seen them before - synching their hearts out in hysterically epic performances. The mic is off, the battle is on!