Ink Master Season 6 Pits Masters Vs. Apprentices On June 23
Spike TV’s hit original reality-competition series “Ink Master” returns for a sixth season starting Tuesday, June 23 at 10 pm ET/PT, and this time it’s best to ‘know your enemy.’
April 28, 2015
Spike TV's hit original reality-competition series Ink Master returns for a sixth season starting Tuesday, June 23 at 10/9c, and this time it's best to 'know your enemy.' Eighteen tattoo artists from around the country will battle it out in permanent ink and sometimes with each other for a $100,000 grand prize, an editorial feature in Inked and, of course, the bragging rights title of 'Ink Master.' This season it's not just about the rivalries the artists create during the competition, each contestant comes with their own personal tattoo rival – their master or apprentice.
Each week Ink Master puts artists through a series of tattoo challenges that are not only designed to test the artists' technical skills, but also their on-the-spot creativity, where they must create and execute an original tattoo by command on a 'Human Canvas.' Each episode focuses on a different and distinct style of tattooing including American traditional, Japanese, trash polka, anatomical and Victorian, among others. The masterpieces these artists create will last a lifetime, but so will their mistakes.
After every challenge, the contestants face a tough panel made up of series host Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction) and world renowned tattoo artists Chris Nunez (Miami Ink) and Oliver Peck (Elm Street Tattoo) who are joined by a roster of guest stars including Avan Jogia (Tut), Khaseem Greene (Chicago Bears), Tony Jefferson (Arizona Cardinals), Keith Pough (Cleveland Browns), Allen Robinson (Jacksonville Jaguars), Darius Slay (Detroit Lions) and Kamerion Wimbley (Tennessee Titans),
Once again the Human Canvases, who volunteer their bodies to be tattooed by the Ink Master contestants, will have a say in who gets sent home. The Canvases will form their own jury, deliberate as a group and pick one artist per episode who will be up for elimination. In the jury room, viewers get an inside look at the heated arguments and wicked emotions as the Canvases defend or abandon their new ink and artist.
The Ink Master Season Six tattoo artists are (listed in alphabetical order):
- Chris Blinston (@ChrisBlinston) – Owner/artist at No Hard Feelings in Coral Springs, FL
- Miami Burgess (@miami_burgess) – Artist at Skin Werks in Carrollton, GA
- Erik Campbell (@erikcampbelltat) – Owner/artist at Black Pearl Tattoo in Grand Junction, CO
- Big Ceeze (@biggceeze) – Owner/artist at Mi Familia Tattoo in Anaheim, CA
- Dave Clarke (@daveclarkestach) -- Artist at Sacred-X-Pression in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Duffy Fortner (@duffyfortner) – Artist at Red Octopus Tattoos in Prince Frederick, MD
- Craig Foster (@skinwerks) – Owner at Skinwerks Tattoo in Carrollton, GA
- Ryan Hadley (@ryanhadleyink) – Owner/artist at Ryan Hadley Studio in Fort Wayne, IN
- Kito (@TattooKIto) -- Owner/artist at Fidolo Tattoo in Tulsa, OK
- Kruseman (@davekruseman) – Owner at Oldeline Tattoo in Hagerstown, MD
- Marisa LaRen (@marisalaren) – Artist at Vatican Tattoos in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- St. Marq (@saintmarqtattoo) – Owner/artist at New Breed in West Lafayette, IN
- Katie McGowan (@TattoosbyKatie) – Artist at Black Cobra Tattoo in Sherwood, AR
- MV (@tat2bymat) – Owner/artist at Blue Panda Tattoo in El Paso, TX
- Earl Noble (@theearlnoble) – Artist at Black Amethyst Tattoo Gallery in Saint Petersburg, FL
- Tyler Nolan (@_tylernolan) – Artist at Vatican Tattoos in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Matt O'Baugh (@mattobaugh) – Owner at Black Cobra Tattoos in Sherwood, AR
- Brian Stephens (@tat2bybry) –Artist at Dapper Ink Tatttoo in El Paso, TX
Viewers can find more on each artist including biographies, photo galleries, artwork portfolios and artist introduction videos by visiting inkmaster.spike.com. Throughout the season fans can watch full episodes and video clips, and are encouraged to join the conversation on social media using #InkMaster. The latest in tattoo culture and series news can be found on the official Ink Master Facebook page, on Twitter @spikeinkmaster, Tumblr and on Instagram @spikeinkmaster.